I finally got the courage to write this topic… before the autumn wind blew me away, how ironic!
Anyway I am writing this because I’m sure there are some people out there like myself who are naturally skinny will always hear from people. It’s just one of those things we can’t escape and will probably have to put up with it for the time being before we decide to change our appearance. For now I’m happy with mine, I hope you are too 😛
1.Being told you need to eat something. This is a regular comment that I always get because I am slim. If you spent a day with me you would assume I eat too much, but people still hit me up with that line ‘Bro you need to eat and get that body!’ I mean, If i was any bigger than I am now people would probably tell me I need to work out and lose some weight and if i was slimmer than I am, well that would be a problem probably.
2. Being told that it isn’t fair that you are skinny. Till this day I don’t know how to explain this one, I literally have no control over how I am. I’m just like this I guess and there’s not a lot I can do about it.
3. Being told you look like a bag of bones. This one touches me something when people hug me and say ‘wow I can feel your bones!’ Well… I thought every human has bones, maybe it’s just extraordinary to feel that on a human, I don’ t know you tell me! It does get annoying, just one of those ones I cannot explain either.
4. Being told skinny is unattractive. Well all i can say is ‘haters gon’ hate.’ If you don’t like it keep moving yooooo! They do say ‘Beauty lies at the eye of the beholder’, in that case that’s your own opinion so I guess that’s your own issue of it being unattractive i guess.
5. When you get to a party and most of the food is gone because people there thought “Didn’t think you would eat much.” Like I said before I actually have a big appetite just like a lot of slim/skinny bodies out there. I could probably eat a whole platter of food for a family of 4, don’t test me! It will be one of those moments where I say ‘I could probably eat a whole cow’ or something exaggerated like that. #LOL
6. When people ask why you are working out. OH MY GOODNESS! When people see me on a treadmill they automatically say ‘What fat are you trying to burn’. Erm, hello! How do you think I stay this slim, this doesn’t just happen whilst I sit and home, scratching my head and eating. You actually have to maintain a healthy eating balanced lifestyle INCLUDING exercising would you believe it?!
7. People constantly asking if you’re OK because they are worried about your appearance. Honestly you wouldn’t believe how great I feel and healthy I currently am. I guess if you don’t fit the shoe, you’ll never understand. I AM FINE.
8. People making the joke that you will get blow away by the wind. Till this day at almost 21 years of age, I am due to be blown away by the wind since I’m like everybody else in this world. The assumption is that a person slightly bigger than I am will probably stand still and not get blown away. Chances are if the wind is so strong to blow a person away, no matter the size, MOTHER NATURE WILL TAKE YOU TOO!
9. People insisting to pick you up to see how light you are. This used to be a regular for me when I was younger with people who were bigger than me (still are) all the time. As you would imagine I hated it, made me feel like a 5 year old being told I’m light, I mean tell me something I don’t know!
10. People suggesting that you do not need to have any insecurities about your appearance because you’re skinny. This really isn’t fair, I should be allowed to also have my own opinions as I know my body more that anyone else does. Especially even when you mention that you want to attend gym, most likely to be hit with ‘Gym for what? What exactly are you trying to lose?’ C’mon let me live 😦 .
These are just some examples that I have experienced or heard of about people who are slim/skinny. If you have any others feel free to comment so we can laugh together! LET US BE SLIM/SKINNY TOGETHER AND STAND STRONG! 😛